Friday, March 21, 2008

The Weekend


I'm so excited about this weekend. I'm heading down to North Carolina to visit my sister (who lives near Raleigh) and my best buddy (who lives in Charlotte). Not all of you may know this but I lived in Raleigh for three summers back in the early-mid 1990s. My sister has lived there for more than 15 years, so I enjoy getting back whenever I can. It's amazing how much the area has grown, but still retains a small-city feeling. The view here is a rendering of the new skyline once the RBC Centura Plaza (center) is complete. At 30 stories plus a spire, it will be the tallest building in Raleigh. The only time I've ever spent any time at all in Charlotte was for a Grateful Dead show many years ago! So I'm looking forward to exploring a little bit with my buddy. On Sunday, I'll take Amtrak's Carolinian from Raleigh to Charlotte. I've been promised a belated birthday dinner at The Cheesecake Factory! On Monday, we're heading to the BMW Zentrum museum in Spartanburg, SC. I can't wait! (Raleigh Skyline image credit: RaleighSkyline.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment