Monday, May 9, 2011

Future Career

More and more I find myself daydreaming about leaving corporate life and doing something else. For starters I need some time off to recharge and de-stress. After 16 years as a corporate professional and mid-manager, I see things constantly changing for the worse. While my profession used to be about helping people solve problems and make improvements, it seems today it's mostly about spreadsheets, correcting mistakes made by less and less competent people, and being the complaint desk. This is why I got that Masters degree?

Like a lot of people, I think what holds me back is fear. What would I do? How would I find another job in a different profession? What I need is a plan..that will help me to feel better about making a change. Some ideas I've had have included starting a business, buying a franchise, or maybe going to work in a different industry. How would you approach stepping away from the only career you've ever had?

No comments:

Post a Comment