Sunday, February 1, 2009

Today

Today is Super Bowl Sunday, a big day for fans of American football. As I learn more about rugby I can't help but notice more and more differences between the two games, although there are also similarities. For instance, American football stops every few seconds and some players require oxygen to continue living. Rugby goes almost nonstop for two 40 minute halves and I haven't seen any oxygen cylinders near the pitch.

Personally I believe the average competitive rugby player is far more of an endurance athlete than the average football player. But I am sure many will disagree. And as I've been reminded recently, my opinions are highly inflammatory.

If you're interested in learning more about the differences between American football and Rugby Union check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment