Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Weekend

This past weekend was a fun one, and an exhausting one! On Friday night, I left work right at 5pm and headed home. After an invigorating workout at the clubhouse here at the Grand Venetian, I took a disco nap and then headed out to the Eagle, this time wearing leather. It was a very social night and I met some new people to talk with. As an aside, I'm getting a little tired of living here at the Grand Venetian. While I'm glad to be living in a company-paid furnished apartment, I'm not crazy about the complex itself. Luckily I will be out by the end of July when I move to my new house.

On Saturday, my friend Tony and I continued our tour of the area's Army-Navy stores and visited the Army-Navy Warehouse along Stemmons Freeway. My friend and I agreed that this store wins the prize of the best we've found so far. It even featured evangelical music and creepy signs written in childlike handwriting. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a photo. Anyway, the store was actually clean, cool, and mildew-free, unlike certain others. Recommended! By Saturday night, I was ready to go out again and headed out to the Eagle. I met up with some acquaintances there and even made a new puppy friend.

Once I was up and running Sunday I drove up to McKinney to meet a friend for lunch. We ended up hanging out together and going to eat at Pei Wei Asian Diner (at right.) I had their version of General Tso's chicken, which was too heavy on the vinegar. Prices were similar to PF Chang's and for the same money, I'd go to PF Chang's instead.

Monday was the birthday of my best buddy in Charlotte. Unfortunately he and I weren't communicating very well on Sunday night, and the vibe sort of was spoiled. There are some times and some subjects for humor that don't work very well, ever. Nonetheless, I hope he had a good day.

The weather has been hot here in the DFW area, with daily high temps over 90 for the past three weeks or so. From now on, it's unlikely that the high temperature will be below 90 until well into September, with high 90s and low 100s very likely throughout August. Here we go! I've heard that New Jersey has been experiencing almost apocalyptic problems with the heat. People here find that laughable, and really so do I. As a kid growing up in New York's Hudson Valley, I don't recall the world grinding to a halt because of a 95 degree day, but maybe it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment