Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day 2008


By Thursday, I couldn't ignore the fact that my car's air conditioner wasn't blowing cold air anymore. As anyone who has lived in (or visited) Texas knows, an A/C failure is a RED ALERT EMERGENCY! I really hate making appointments for car service, so I visited Ford QuickLane for a checkup. Only 5 hours and $900 later, I was on my way with air conditioning restored and a new condenser under the hood. Problem solved!

Friday night I had the best of intentions of going out to Pupout at the Eagle, but ended up staying home because I was too tired. By Saturday night I was ready to go out. I went solo to the Eagle and ended up talking with some friendly people and staying late. I think I left around 2:15 and headed home. On Sunday I enjoyed sleeping in late, and then headed out to the Hidden Door with a friend for their fabulous happy hour on the patio. There was a good crowd and everyone was very social, although the 95 degree heat and humidity were downers. By Sunday night I was showered, napped, and ready to go again so I ended up at the Eagle again for about an hour, but left in disappointment. Long story...some guys just can't hold their beer. On Monday a friend invited me to his house for a cookout with some neighbors...ribeye steaks, corn on the cob, delicious mashed potatoes, and good conversation. All in all it was a good weekend with many highs and lows.....

No comments:

Post a Comment