Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Settling In


Since I returned from my first big business trip last Thursday night, I've been house hunting and enjoying settling in to the Dallas-Fort Worth area, my new home! This picture is of my temporary apartment from the outside. It's corporate housing, fully furnished, where I am staying until I buy a house. House hunting has been a fun process although a little nerve wracking at times. You find a house that is fabulous, and then it turns out to be next to a sewage treatment plant (I'm not making this up) or you can't agree on a price. Anyway, my real estate agent, Mary Cornelius, is a fabulous lady, a true professional, and she is working hard for me. We have a great time when we ride together and she understands my taste. Mostly I'm looking in Grapevine, a very nice town located midway between Dallas and Fort Worth. Since my job is in far north Fort Worth, and the gayborhood is near downtown Dallas, this is a location that should work just fine. However, we've decided that I need to have a private backyard, with a pool, for all those hot Texas days (and nights...)

No comments:

Post a Comment